Duration: 8 hours
DescriptionThis is an IIBA endorsed course, dedicated to studying the “Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring” knowledge area of the BABOK Guide 3.0. The training elaborates on the tasks related to selecting an approach to business analysis for a project, defining required activities and assessing their complexity, identifying stakeholders and planning their engagement, planning requirements management, and finding opportunities to improve the performance of business analysts.
The BABOK Guide is an internationally recognized standard for the practice of business analysis. It summarizes the experience of leading business analysts around the world and describes 30 major tasks of business analysis, along with 50 techniques that are commonly used for solving these tasks.
The purpose of this course is to provide a systematic presentation of business analysis planning and monitoring tasks accompanied by detailed explanations based on real-life examples from both the instructor’s personal experience and best practices. The training takes into consideration the specifics of planning business analysis activities in an Agile approach.
Professional Development Hours (PDH) - 8
RoadmapThis course covers the following topics:
- The goals of business analysis planning and monitoring
- Elements and selection criteria of a business analysis approach
- Defining business analysis deliverables and required activities
- Estimating the level of complexity of business analysis work
- Identifying and accessing risks
- Describing and approving a business analysis approach
- Identifying stakeholders and planning their engagement
- Defining governing rules and areas of responsibility for conducting business analysis
- Defining formats, methods, and tools for managing business analysis information
- Assessing the performance of business analysts and identifying opportunities to improve it
- Specifics of planning business analysis in Agile approaches
- Practicing business planning skills using a Case Study
- Exploring examples of certification exam questions
ObjectivesThe primary objective of this course is to help participants develop skills for solving tasks related to planning and monitoring in business analysis, as they are described in the BABOK Guide 3.0. Moreover, the training is intended to help those interested in obtaining an IIBA certification through a better understanding of the BABOK Guide content and certification exam questions.
Target AudienceThe course is oriented towards business analysis practitioners and other specialists who are involved in planning and monitoring business analysis work. The training can also be of particular interest to those who are planning completion of level 2 or 3 of IIBA certification.
PrerequisitesParticipants should have a good grasp of the key concepts of business analysis and at least two years of experience with solving business analysis tasks. We highly recommend completing an introductory course on business analysis before attending this one.
A good command of English (knowing the professional vocabulary and reading professional literature fluently) would be a benefit.