DescriptionThis is an IIBA endorsed course, dedicated to studying the “Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring” knowledge area of the BABOK Guide 3.0. The training elaborates on the tasks related to selecting an approach to business analysis for a project, defining required activities and assessing their complexity, identifying stakeholders and planning their engagement, planning requirements management, and finding opportunities to improve the performance of business analysts.
The BABOK Guide is an internationally recognized standard for the practice of business analysis. It summarizes the experience of leading business analysts around the world and describes 30 major tasks of business analysis, along with 50 techniques that are commonly used for solving these tasks.
The purpose of this course is to provide a systematic presentation of business analysis planning and monitoring tasks accompanied by detailed explanations based on real-life examples from both the instructor’s personal experience and best practices. The training takes into consideration the specifics of planning business analysis activities in an Agile approach.
Professional Development Hours (PDH) - 8
for further IIBA certification
A good command of English (knowing the professional vocabulary and reading professional literature fluently) would be a benefit.
- The goals of business analysis planning and monitoring
- Elements and selection criteria of a business analysis approach
- Defining business analysis deliverables and required activities
- Estimating the level of complexity of business analysis work
- Identifying and accessing risks
- Describing and approving a business analysis approach
- Identifying stakeholders and planning their engagement
- Defining governing rules and areas of responsibility for conducting business analysis
- Defining formats, methods, and tools for managing business analysis information
- Assessing the performance of business analysts and identifying opportunities to improve it
- Specifics of planning business analysis in Agile approaches
- Practicing business planning skills using a Case Study
- Exploring examples of certification exam questions
Paris is an experienced Product Owner and Technical Project Manager with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. He is certified as a SAFe 4 Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Master and ICAGILE Certified Professional in Agile Team Facilitation.
His professional expertise has helped him develop his skills in Business Analysis, Agile, coaching, Project Management and software architecture. Moreover, his past experience is in coding and QA. Paris is actively involved in coaching and training project members with regards to Agile and requirements elicitation.
For Luxoft Training he delivers courses on Business Analysis and Agile. With more than 16 years of experience in the IT&C industry, Paris is able to adapt and customize his teaching style to the specific needs of his target audience while making sure that he equips them with industry best practices to help them in their roles.
Vladimir has been working in the IT industry for the past 15 years, acting mainly as a Business / Functional Analyst & Practice Lead. Previously, he worked as a Project Manager & Developer. Thanks to his practical experience in multiple IT projects, he has very good understanding of the industry and knows how to build, optimize and manage the analysis process in an IT company.
He has been involved in requirements analysis & management, business analysis, high-level analysis, scope mgmt., technical writing & system documentation activities. He handled communications with end-users & stakeholders, workshops, interviews and participating in architecture, database & system design.
As a Business Analysis he built and optimized the analysis process, defined KPIs, planned team activity and more. For Luxoft Training he delivers our business analysis courses.