Duration: 40 hours
DescriptionThe CCNP Switch® 300-115 Certification Preparation course is aimed at preparing participants for the 300-115 SWITCH® exam “inside” the CCNP® Routing and Switching certification exam suite. It draws on the experience of the Luxoft Telecom LOB team and the hands-on expertise of our certified trainers. The training includes a state of the art virtualized platform(Cisco® VIRL Platform) and physical equipment in order to offer the best training experience possible.
In order to obtain the CCNP® Routing and Switching certification, you must pass three exams: 300-101 ROUTE®, 300-115 SWITCH® and 300-135 TSHOOT® . Each exam is related to a specific networking area (Routing, Switching and Network Troubleshooting). The theory covered in the Cisco Press® official certification study books is also covered.
The CCNP Switch® 300-115 Certification Preparation course gives participants the necessary hands-on experience to pass the simulations, testlets and simlets inside the 300-115 SWITCH exam. Also, the indicated materials in this course, together with the theory and hands-on practice, cover all other question types in the exam. The program is designed to have 30% theory and 70% hands-on equipment practice.
It is designed for anyone that wants to correctly implement and secure multilayer switch-based solutions in Enterprise Switch Blocks, using Cisco IOS services and features, where implementation and troubleshooting of secure multilayer switching includes planning, configuration, and verification/monitoring. The secure part of the implementation involves the AAA Cisco suite, where we teach participants how to configure centralized authentication, authorization and accounting with RADIUS and TACACS+, also centralizing datapath security by means of 802.1X.
The attendees are also taught how to securely manage the network by using SNMPv3. Additionally, this course is targeted to any individual involved in implementing and verifying switching protocols (in areas such as redundancy, high-availability) and switch block security in generic, vendor-independent enterprise networks (by means of open-standards protocols, such as VRRP, IEEE 802.1X, 802.1w, 802.1s, etc.).
- Switch operation and basic configuration
- VLANs, Trunks, VTP
- Spanning-Tree Protocol
- RSTP and MSTP
- Multilayer Switch and DHCP
- Syslog and SNMP
- IP SLA and SPAN
- High Availability
- Securing Switch Access, preventing Spoofing
- Securing VLANs
- Managing Switch Users
- Understand Network Principles
- Learn to work with Layer 2 Technologies
- Learn to work with Layer 3 Technologies
- Plan, configure and monitor High Availability for the Network
- Plan, configure and monitor centralized Network Security
- Plan, configure and monitor Network Redundancy
- Configure and use centralized Network Management tools in your network
- Preparation for CCNP Switch 300-115 certification exam
- Advanced practice on CISCO equipments
- regular and senior network engineers
- regular and senior network operations center (NOC) technical support personnel
- network technicians, support engineers
- systems engineers