ISTQB Foundation Level Preparation | | Software Testing
DescriptionSoftware testing is an integral part of the software development process. When done correctly it significantly reduces the probability that a software program crashes, misses an important functionality, provides wrong results, responds slowly or is difficult to use. Moreover it saves organizations loss of money, time and business reputation.
Our ISTQB Foundation Level Preparation course prepares participants to conduct software testing activities based on the best practices in the field. In addition throughout the 4 days of training, they gain the necessary knowledge to prepare for the Foundation Level Certification exam from ISTQB.
The ISTQB Foundation Level qualification is aimed at IT professionals who need to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing. This includes people in roles such as test designers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and IT Professionals.
The Foundation Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who needs a basic understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants.
The training registration fee does not include the cost of the ISTQB Foundation Level Certification Exam which is 150 Euro + VAT. The exam can be taken at the Luxoft Training exam center.
certification exam. Fee for exam paid separately
- Improve the understanding of software testing
- Introduce test techniques (static, white box and black box)
- Learn testing terminology according to the ISTQB Syllabus
- Understand the test activities/processes
- Test designers
- Test analysts
- Test engineers
- Test consultants
- Test managers
- User acceptance testers
- IT Professionals
Fundamentals of testing
- Why is Testing Necessary?
- What is testing?
- Seven Testing Principles
- Fundamental Test Process
- The Psychology of Testing
- Code of Ethics
Testing throughout the Software Life Cycle
- Software Development Models
- Test Levels
- Test Types
- Maintenance Testing
- Static Techniques and the Test Process
- Review Process
- Static Analysis by Tools
Test Design Techniques
- The Test Development Process
- Categories of Test Design Techniques
- Specification - based or Black - Box Techniques
- Structure - based or White - Box Techniques
- Experience - based Techniques
- Choosing Test Techniques
- Test Organization
- Test Planning and Estimation
- Test Progress Monitoring and Control
- Configuration Management
- Risk and Testing
- Incident Management
Tool support for Testing
- Types of Test Tools
- Effective Use of Tools : Potential Benefits and Risks
- Introducing a Tool into an Organization