Duration: 8 hours
DescriptionThis course is designed as a journey through configuring a realistic application stack from the ground up using Ansible and working with your colleagues, playing different roles in the topology. It is divided into nine sections starting with the initial installation and general concepts. Each section has practice sessions and exercises to help you further strengthen your skills
The final goal of the training is to have a working HTTP server load-balancing topology.
- What is Ansible?
- Where does Ansible fit in a DevOps environment?
- How could Ansible help you automate different tasks?
- Playbooks: The main ansible component
- Roles: Reusable components
- Tasks: The main component of a Playbook
- Inventory: Our targets
- Using distro package manager
- Cloning the GIT directly
How Ansible Works
- Where does each component fit?
- Good practices, from a DevOps perspective
- Practical examples/scenarios
- Hosts, groups, dynamic inventory in a cloud-based environment
- Modules already available in Ansible
- Most used modules
- Examples, why not to write code when there is already a module for that
- A brief description of the Open Source AWX / Tower
- Explaining the license and advantages of using AWX or Tower
- Running commands, doing basic sanity checks
- Configuring the inventory
- Running commands on remote hosts
Hands on Practice
- Executing a playbook on your own host
- How to use Ansible to automate tasks
- How to create playbooks and configurations for Ansible
- Understand how to benefit from Ansible automation
- Purpose solutions based on Ansible
- Debug/understand an Ansible project designed by someone else
- This training is developed for those who want to learn how to use Ansible in a DevOps environment
- Basic knowledge of shell script, networking and Linux OS