Duration: 9 hours
DescriptionThe purpose of this course is to explore the most important networking protocols and gain experience in working with various vendors’ networking devices. The approach is a practical one, running multiple networking scenarios over a physical environment having multiple networking devices and Linux boxes.
During the training we will focus on developing practical skills, backed by live demos, but adequate theoretical notions are also given when needed. The training is intended for people who are accustomed to basic networking concepts.
We will also be working with networking devices vendors like CISCO, Nortel, D-Link, Extreme Networks and Linux networking concepts.
- L2. Ping, packets capture, analysis
- L2. VLANs. Ping, packets capture, analysis
- L3. VLANs. Ping, packets capture, analysis
- L2-L3. VLANs, trunk port. Ping, packets capture, analysis
- Port mirroring
- Understand and configure Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices
- Configure DHCP, HTTP(s), FTP, TFTP client server environments
- Understand, use and configure port mirroring
- Understand DNS client-server model
- Understand and use SSH for remote connection
- Understand STP
- QA Engineers who perform testing in networked environments under Unix/Linux
- Everyone who wants to gain practical networking experience
- Everyone who is interested in gaining knowledge about networking and Linux networking areas
- Everyone who is interested in refreshing their networking and Linux skills