DescriptionThe Java language was first created in the mid-90's and the Java SE version was released in 2011. During this course we will cover the basic knowledge and skills needed for development efforts on the Java® SE platform.
Participants will create, compile and execute Java programs using both command-line facilities or an IDE (Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA).
The training covers all the specific topics related to Java development, from UML basics to OOP implementation in Java. A special emphasis is made on syntax basics and key practices of object-oriented programming.
is issued on the Luxoft Training form
- Generate JavaDoc documentation;
- Read basic types of UML diagrams;
- Develop and initiate Java applications;
- Use primitive and object types in applications;
- Use key language statements in applications;
- Use abstract classes and interfaces in applications;
- Apply key design principles and design patterns in application design;
- Use assertions in applications;
- Use inner classes in applications;
- Use exceptions mechanism in applications.
- The course is designed for java junior developers working on the Java® SE platform.
- Developers working with other languages and platforms without Java experience are also eligible for this course.
Introduction to Java Platform
- Platform goals
- Platform concept
- Java specifications
- JDK overview
- Development and initiation
- Writing comments in JavDoc
Basics of Object-Oriented Programming
- Programming paradigms
- Classes and objects
- Exceptions handling
- The try-catch-finally block
- Types of exceptions
- Throwing exceptions from method
- The rethrow technique
After getting acquainted with GNU/Linux in high school, Julius did not look back and has enjoyed working with many of its variations over the past 20 years. Operating systems, networking and programming are his main interests.
In 2010 he received a Master of Science degree in Computer Science from the University of Twente (NL) after completing the Kerckhoffs Computer Security master program, a collaboration including courses at the Radboud University and the Technical University of Eindhoven.
He has been working as a developer in multiple companies primarily on Java projects in the areas of security, railroads, insurance and lithography. In his spare time (and sometimes at work) he enjoys working on free software projects and maintaining his language skills.
Julius is an Oracle Certified Java Developer and a Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer.