Duration: 14 hours
DescriptionThis training introduces participants to Google Guava, an open source Java-based library, developed by Google. The course provides structured explanations of some of the most popular and most powerful features of Guava. For a better understanding, the training is developed using a hands-on approach: each component that is presented is supplied with code examples for participants to run on their laptops.
Furthermore the course offers participants programming assignments, such as the development of a Book Library project using Google Guava capabilities. The assignment consists of 8 laboratory works, each of them intended to help participants practice all the key concepts taught in the course.
RoadmapDefinition and core concept + Benefits
Components overview + code examples:
- Using and avoiding null (Optional)
- Common object methods (hashCode, equals, compareTo, toString)
- Immutable collections
- New collection types (Multiset, Multimap, BiMap)
- Collection utilities (Static constructors, Iterables, Sets)
- IntMath, LongMath, BigIntegerMath
- ByteStreams and CharStreams
- Closing Resources
- Dynamic Proxies
- Introduce participants to the most popular and most powerful features of Guava
- Demonstrate Google Guava use cases and code examples.
- Software Developers