DescriptionThe purpose of this course is to provide an introduction to the Linux operating systems, mainly from the perspective of a system administrator.
The focus is on practical skills backed by hands-on examples, but adequate theoretical notions are also given when needed.
The training is very useful for people who never had contact with Linux, but can also prove to be valuable for individuals with a certain amount of experience.
is issued on the Luxoft Training form
- Manage local storage in Linux systems;
- Understand and control system processes;
- Manage user accounts;
- Use bash-like shells and combine shell commands to perform simple to medium tasks;
- Write simple to medium shell scripts;
- Understand the syntax of regular expressions and how they work;
- Manage essential system services in Linux;
- Understand the booting process and how to interact with hardware devices.
- QA Engineers who perform manual testing in Unix-like environments;
- Test Automation Engineers that require scripting skills;
- Developers who are interested in Linux from an administrative point of view;
- Anybody interested in gaining basic knowledge in Linux;
- Anybody interested in refreshing their Linux skills.
- Previous contact with simple Command Line Interfaces.
- Basic tasks of operating systems usage.
- Using the shell
- Shell scripts
- Regular expressions
- Essential system services
- Package management
- Hardware devices
- Booting the system