Duration: 12 hours
DescriptionThis Python® training course leads the students from the basics of writing and running Python® scripts to more advanced features such as file operations, regular expressions, error handling, system and network programming and the use of the extensive functionality of Python® modules.
All concepts are explained through hands-on examples and exercises, so students learn by coding in Python®.
Python® is a remarkably powerful dynamic programming language that is used in a wide variety of application domains, including telecom. Python is often compared to Tcl, Perl®, Ruby, Scheme or Java®.
- Basic syntax
- Data structures
- Control flow programs
- Files I/O
- Error handling
- Classes and objects
ObjectivesAll attendees will:
- Learn the fundamentals of writing Python® scripts.
- Learn core Python® scripting elements such as variables and flow control structures.
- Discover how to work with lists and data structures.
- Write Python® functions to facilitate code reuse.
- Use Python® to read and write files.
- Learn to make their code robust by handling errors and exceptions properly.
- Work with the Python® standard library.
- Explore Python®'s object-oriented features.
- Search text using regular expressions.
- Access to network services using Python®'s integrate modules like socket and telnetlib.
Target AudienceThis course is designed for developers, system administrators and QA engineers, who want to be able to develop, automate and test applications and systems using one of the most powerful programming languages available today.
- Basic general programming knowledge.
- Basic scripting language knowledge.
- Ability to understand logical code flows.