School of testing. Test design
DescriptionThe course covers the basic concepts of test design, methodology of test case development based on UC, approaches to designing test plans and writing test scripts, as well as features of test plans for different types of testing.
We describe the basic methods of functional and configuration testing based on the functional and configuration requirements of the software product. The course considers major approaches to writing the test design. It covers the concepts of functional and configuration testing as well as methods of testing reliability and stability.
School of testing presents alternative test methodologies, such as model-based testing, the Markov model testing and testing by business cycles. We talk about the specifics of developing tests to check various areas and the main methods to monitor and control the test object coverage by the tests.
After completing the course, a certificate
is issued on the Luxoft Training form
is issued on the Luxoft Training form
After the training the attendees will:
- Have a holistic view about the basics of designing and writing test plans, and designing test cases;
- Have an understanding of requirements and peculiarities of working with UC;
- Have an understanding of functional testing, understand the basic methods of functional testing;
- Be able to create traceability matrix of UC covering by test cases;
- Be able to design and write test plans based on UC;
- Have an understanding of equivalence classes;
- Get practical recommendations on development of the functional test design and testing various types of areas;
- Get introduced to configuration testing and application reliability and robustness testing;
- Be able to overview alternative approaches to testing;
- Be able to review project documents;
- Learn to identify areas of application testing;
- Learn to identify the necessary types of testing;
- Learn to design test cases and test data;
- Try in practice the basic approaches to test cases design.
Testers and Junior Test Designers.
- Test Design Activities
- Peculiarities of working with requirements
- Traceability matrix of requirements coverage by test cases. How to identify, assess, and monitor
- Test Plan (overall), High Level Design (HLD), Detailed Design (DLD)
- Objectives of writing the test plan
- Test Plan Structure
- Test Plan Types
- Test Plan Development Stages
- Characteristics of a good test plan
- Test case characteristics in different test types
- Equivalence Classes
- Boundary Values
- Error Handling
- Features of test design for different application types
- Functional Testing Definition
- Place of functional testing in the software testing process
- Functional Requirements Analysis
- Functional Testing Methods
- Test Ideas
- Characteristics of a good test
- Methodologies for functional test case development
Other test methodologies
- Model-Based Testing
- Markov Model
- Testing by Business Cycles
Key topicsConfiguration Testing Methods of reliability and robustness testing Testing of various types of areas
Static Software Testing
- Static Testing Types
- Static Testing Stages
- Advantages and disadvantages of main types of static testing
- Static testing of documents
Schedule and prices
Register for the next course
Registering in advance ensures you have priority. We will notify you when we schedule the next course on this topic
This course was very useful for me. The practical exercises helped me to better understand the theoretical notions and is a big help for the ISTQB examination. The presentation was very well documented and the information was very easy to understand.
The training helped me to develop my knowledge in testing methods.
Courses you may be interested in
Web Application Testing
This course is dedicated to the specifics of web application testing. It deals with basic concepts and features of web applications, architecture and technologies used in their development, as well as problems that arise during various types of testing.