DescriptionDuring our training you’ll get acquainted with Tableau as a platform, consider various options for working with the system, and the many data sources that can be connected for analysis and visualization. We will look at examples of analytical tasks from real business scenarios and solve them visually, so by the end of the course you will be able to publish your first Tableau report.
You will gain a complete understanding of how Tableau can support business processes and decisions in the organization, simplify managers’ access to data, and therefore to data-driven decisions.
In addition, participants will receive not only basic knowledge of Tableau, but also a starting point for further development as a BI analyst or developer, including getting reading for a professional certification (basic level – Tableau Desktop Specialist).
is issued on the Luxoft Training form
- Teach the basics of working with data analysis and visualization using the Tableau BI platform
- Prepare for the Tableau Desktop Level 1 Certification - Certified Tableau Desktop Specialist
- Work with various data sources, including MS Excel, MS SQL Server, MySQL and published data sources etc.
- Assess data quality and analyze whether data is ready to work
- Automate metrics and KPIs
- Build downloadable reports, individual visualizations and analytical dashboards in Tableau
- Automatically prepare slides for presentations
- Practically apply the basics of information design
- Save and publish the results of their work, plus set up user permissions
- Configure automatic update of reports and mail subscriptions
- Analysts dealing with regular and ad-hoc reporting in MS Excel
- Middle managers, marketing specialists, economists, and specialists of the inventory planning department
- Other non-technical (admin departments) who want to improve their reporting skills
- Mandatory – experience in building reports in MS Excel (at least: formulas and pivot tables)
- Desirable - basic SQL, an understanding of data analysis and BI as a field of knowledge
- Introduction to Data Analysis and Business Intelligence. Basics of statistics
- Installing Tableau Desktop / Tableau Public
- Connecting to data sources. Working with Live Connection and Data Extracts
- Creation of a data model. Data preparation for analysis, data quality assessment. Data granularity
- Essential Tableau Desktop Glossary - workbooks, worksheets, work areas, charts, dashboards
- Tableau Desktop interface and basic working concepts - measures, dimensions, aggregations, data types, changing data type and default settings for fields
- Visualization: Create basic graphs and charts. The main scenarios for their use: Crosstab (simple table), Highlight table (heatmap), Bar chart, Stacked bar chart, Line chart, Scatterplot, Geographical maps, Pie chart, Combined and dual axis charts
- Built-in and custom calculations
- Data organization and built-in analytical tools - sorting, groups, sets, adding trend lines, reference lines
- Filters. The order of operations in Tableau
- Basic info design and dashboard creation
- Data export capabilities - preparation of a dashboard for correct uploading in different formats. Dashboard publishing, access management. Setting up subscriptions and custom views