Business Process Modeling with BPMN - Advanced Level | | Architecture and Design
Business Process Modeling with BPMN - Advanced Level
Training for 7-8 or more people? Customize trainings for your specific needs
DescriptionAfter its appearance in 2011, the BPMN standard quickly and rightly became popular among experts in business process modelling. As a graphical representation, BPMN is useful for describing business processes no matter their level of complexity. Besides, this standard provides a method for transforming such descriptions into a machine-readable form, which allows you to upload ready models directly into business process management systems.
Yet both BPMN models and a process approach have their restrictions. For example, is it reasonable to describe business rules as a chain of conditions using BPMN? Or would it be right to describe promotional activities as a business process? Or does the model author always correctly represent the logic of a real business process?
This training is a continuation of “Business Process Modelling with BPMN – Foundations” and is dedicated to the advanced study of BPMN and related standards. A lot of attention is paid to rarely used notation elements (such as errors, non-interrupting events, signals, escalation, etc.) and solving practical tasks often arising in the work of a business analyst.
The course will review the joint application of three standards which the Object Management Group® (OMG®) proposes to use for extending model capabilities:
- BPMN – for graphical representation of business process workflow
- CMMN – for graphical modelling of business cases
- DMN – for graphical representation of decision-making rules (business rules)
DMN helps describe the logic of business decision-making in a convenient and compact form, and then automate most such decisions, protecting them from the inevitable “human factor.”
The course will also review the mechanism of business process simulation, which allows analysts to solve the following tasks:
- Validate hypotheses regarding process changes
- Identify bottlenecks that decrease performance
- Evaluate the cost of a process instance
- Assess the workload of resources involved in a business process
- Determine the actual time required for process steps
After completing the course, a certificate
is issued on the Luxoft Training form
is issued on the Luxoft Training form
- Extend trainees’ knowledge of BPMN
- Introduce trainees to new notations: DMN (for decision modelling) and CMMN (for business case modelling);
- Review best practices for standard business case modelling
- Acquire the skills of business process simulation
- Reinforce acquired knowledge through solving practical tasks with popular modelling tools
- Useful for those who directly deal with business process modelling, development, and automation
- Business analysts
- Business consultants
- System analysts
- Project managers
- System architects
- Developers (business process automation)
- Quality assurance engineers
- Basic knowledge of BPMN 2.0.
- Experience in working on projects relating to description, analysis, optimization or automation of business processes, or projects on software development or maintenance
- Have skills of using one of modelling tools: Bizagi Modeler, Camunda, bpmn.io, etc.
- Test for basics of BPMN 2.0
- Overview of typical errors in applying of BPMN 2.0
- Modelling patterns and anti-patterns
- Modelling inter-process communication
- Modelling of typical situations that often arise in business practice
- Difficult and rarely used elements of BPMN
- Business process simulation
- DMN: Notation for model making of decisions
- CMMN: Notation for model business cases
Schedule and prices
Register for the next course
Registering in advance ensures you have priority. We will notify you when we schedule the next course on this topic
Courses you may be interested in
Requirements Elicitation and Analysis Business Simulation
This is a business simulation where you go through the process of studying a customer’s needs and elaborating system requirements. It’s useful for all those who want to work on the skills and activities related to the eliciting and analyzing requirements area of the BABOK Guide.
Business process modeling with BPMN 2.x
Learn the application rules for the graphic elements of the language, study the types of BPMN diagrams and discover the possibilities of automatic execution of the constructed models.
ECBA Exam Preparation - IIBA
This training is developed to help you prepare for the ECBA certification exam.