Software Architecture Methodology | | Architecture and Design
DescriptionThis course defines the foundations of software architecture, examines the role of a software architect in developing projects, follows project initiation and requirements identification, plus implements practices related to the design, documentation, and analysis of software architecture. These practices can be used by software architects, project managers, developers, and business analysts in their activities in projects of various problem domains and technologies. Theoretical material is supported with examples from contemporary tools, frameworks, environments, and also the instructor’s experience. The course includes both short exercises and comprehensive practice, carried out in groups of 3-4 people, starting from the problem’s background up to actual design of a software system. The training ends with a presentation of the results of each team activity and their examination in front of all other teams.
After completing the course, a certificate
is issued on the Luxoft Training form
is issued on the Luxoft Training form
Train architects, system analysts, and technical leaders in software architecture design and analysis skills that can be used: • In current projects to ensure quality of the system under development, solve problems, and manage customer’s expectations; • In the design of new projects to start with an efficient and easy to evolve architecture; • In pre-sale activities as a trigger for conducting analysis, elaborating preliminary design, and making estimates to decrease risks of a commercial offer.
- Technical leaders and senior developers
- System analysts and designers
- Project managers, quality managers, pre-delivery preparation managers
- Business analysts
- At least three years of (any) experience in software engineering.
- More than 1 year experience in projects on software development in any role from the Target Audience list (see above).
- The technology and area of expertise do not matter.
- Main concepts
- Software design and architecture analysis
- The software architect role
- Identifying stakeholders and business goals
Identifying, formalizing and prioritizing the requirements to quality system characteristics
- Performance and scalability
- Changeability and other quality attributes
- Concepts of tactics
- Approaches and styles
- Typical tactics applied for achieving main quality characteristics
Documenting software architecture
- The purpose and structure of architectural description
- Viewpoint-based approach and architectural views
- Detailed overview of the most popular viewpoints (4+1 and Rozansky&Woods)
- Using modeling techniques in documenting
- The prospects of applied tactics for achieving the desired quality system characteristics
- Using simplified description in pre-sale activities
- Formal process of architecture analysis and assessment involving stakeholders
- Identifying compromise solutions and architectural risks
- Further working with risks
Schedule and prices
Register for the next course
Registering in advance ensures you have priority. We will notify you when we schedule the next course on this topic
The training was very powerful and plenty of tehnic information present. The explanations were very usefull, i noticed the understanding the phenomenon behind the optical communications. I was impressed by the the large amount of technical documentation.
Courses you may be interested in
Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture
This is a training course on corporate application development. The course contains a detailed description of specific typical solutions. Each solution contains information on the application and basic aspects of implementation.
Analysis Patterns in software development
The main objective of the course is to review the techniques used in designing a conceptual model for an application based on patterns. We also talk about reusing designs created within the framework of an object-oriented analysis.
02.10.2023 - 09.10.2023