Telecommunication software consultant
- Silviu is a telecommunication software engineer with more than 10 years of experience working in various projects involving routing/switching equipment from Nortel/Avaya. He has also been involved in various L3 features for a large number of platforms.
During his training career he has developed and facilitated technical courses on subjects such as IPv6 General, BGP Protocol and BGP/MPLS VPNs. Moreover due to his unique experience in Project Management, Silviu is also responsible for delivering courses related to this area, such as Risk Management or Project Estimation.
He graduated from the Polytechnic University with two degrees in Networks and Software for Telecommunication Networks and Communication Networks. Silviu is certified as a Project Management Profesional by the Project Management Institute.
- Key areas of expertise:
- Unicast Routing Protocols (RIP,OSPF,BGP)
- Multicast Routing Protocols (IGMP,PIM)
- L3 VPNs (BGP/MPLS VPNs)
- L2 technologies (VLAN, L2 Switching, STP, IGMP snooping)
- Other switching technologies (MPLS)
- Link Aggregation Methods (MLT,SMLT)
- Hardware emulation using UMLs